[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - UI Labels and displaying the hash sign #

zzzz8 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 12 18:59:40 EDT 2006

I can't seem to display the hash character

In my JSP page, I have the following:

  | <h:outputText escape="true" value="#{messages['TestNumber']}" />

In my messages.properties file, I have:

TestNumber=Test #

Seam cannot evaluate the EL...

Cannot get value for expression '#{messages['RequestNumber.Short']}'

I've also tried the Unicode character for the hash sign:

TestNumber=Test \u0023

On an interesting note (just to test), if I tried another Unicode character like the left arrow (\u2190), then it does display the left arrow...

If I change the label to (i.e. without the hash sign #):

  | TestNumber=Test Number

then everything is OK.  Is this a bug in Seam or is there another way of doing this?  I previously didn't have this problem in my JSF project until I added JBoss Seam.  TIA.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964805#3964805

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964805