[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Namespace declaration in every element of web service re

nerbrate do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 05:41:11 EDT 2006

I'm wondering about the exact same thing.
We use jbossws-1.0.2.GA on jboss-4.0.4.GA
document, literal, wrapped (style, use, paramstyle)
It is a jsr181 ws-endpoint with a ejb3 stateless session bean service endpoint.

<ns_doc:doc xmlns:ns_doc='http://service.our.website.org/jaws'>
  |  <ns_doc:docId>XXXXXXXXX</ns_doc:docId>
  |  <ns_doc:documents>
  |   <ns_doc:agreement xmlns:ns_doc='http://service.our.website.org/jaws'>
  |    <ns_doc:agreementCode xmlns:ns_doc='http://service.our.website.org/jaws' xsi:nil='1'/>
  |    <ns_doc:agreementType xmlns:ns_doc='http://service.our.website.org/jaws'>XXXXXXX</ns_doc:agreementType>
  |    <ns_doc:customerNumber xmlns:ns_doc='http://service.our.website.org/jaws'>12345678</ns_doc:customerNumber>
  |    <ns_doc:valid xmlns:ns_doc='http://service.our.website.org/jaws'>false</ns_doc:valid>
  |   </ns_doc:agreement>
  |  </ns_doc:documents>

The node "doc" contains the declaration of the ns_doc namespace, and all nodes directly below this one does not. But all further nested elements contain the namespace declaration even though they all use the same namespace.

In large messages the duplicated namespace declarations make the messages uneccessary large and very hard to read for a human.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964918#3964918

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964918