[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Link paths in CMS content

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 18:26:18 EDT 2006

I was just now playing with the quickstart.zip file, going through the steps in section 4.4, Content Management. The very last paragraph of that section  implies that the links were "corrected" as part of the upload so that they now work within the portal.  At least, that is the impressio nthat I had when I first read through this section.

However, while the links for the uploaded quickstart work fine in the portal, they do not work at all if I simply unzip the zip file and try to access the html pages with my browser.  It appears that the links have been "corrected" manually (yeah, you probbaly have s script that does it for you) before the zip archive was created.

Are there any plans to provide link massaging (or correcting) when uploading archives? If that was done automatically as part of the upload, then I could build some static web content using the tool of my choice, use a browser to verify the content, then package it as a zip and upload it and be confident it still works in the portal.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967949#3967949

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967949