[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Newbie question: Just a first webservice client

NautilusIII do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 18:29:48 EDT 2006

Hi!

I have developed my very first webservice with JSR181:

  | /**
  |  * SimpleWebServiceImpl.java
  |  *
  |  * This file was auto-generated from WSDL
  |  * by the Apache Axis 1.3 Oct 05, 2005 (05:23:37 EDT) WSDL2Java emitter.
  |  */
  |
  | package ws;
  |
  | import javax.jws.WebMethod;
  | import javax.jws.WebService;
  | import javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding;
  |
  | @WebService
  | @SOAPBinding(style = SOAPBinding.Style.RPC)
  | public class SimpleWebService
  | {
  |     @WebMethod
  | 	public int add(int a, int b)
  |     {
  |     	return a+b;
  |     }
  |
  |     @WebMethod
  |     public int sub(int a, int b)
  |     {
  |     	return a-b;
  |     }
  |
  |     @WebMethod
  |     public int mul(int a, int b)
  |     {
  |     	return a*b;
  |     }
  |
  |     @WebMethod
  |     public double div(int a, int b)
  |     {
  |     	return a/b;
  |     }
  | }

The webservice is deployed and I can fetch the wsdl via specifying the appropriate URL in the browser.

  | http://localhost:8080/ws2/webservices/SimpleWebService?wsdl

But I cannot manage it to develop a simple standalone client...

I tried this here:

  | package ws;
  |
  | import javax.xml.ws.WebServiceRef;
  |
  | public class SimpleWebServiceClient
  | {
  | 	@WebServiceRef(wsdlLocation = "http://localhost:8080/ws2/webservices/SimpleWebService?wsdl")
  | 	static SimpleWebService service;
  |
  | 	public static void main(String[] args)
  | 	{
  | 		System.out.println(service.add(2,3));
  | 	}
  | }

I doing all these from within Eclipse with Lomboz...
I referenced the project containg the service from within my client project and just executed the client from within Eclipse...

But I always get a NullPtrExc because the variable service is always null in

  | System.out.println(service.add(2,3));

What am I doing wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967950#3967950

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967950