[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - JBoss Web vs Tomcat?

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 7 01:26:27 EST 2006

What's the difference between JBoss Web and Tomcat?

I have an exploded archive called "jbossweb-tomcat55.sar" in my deploy directory...so that names implies it's both JBoss Web and Tomcat...huh?

I have a standard installation of JBoss, and I'm able to serve up static (.html) and dynamic (.jsp) web pages by pointing to the appropriate link in my browser when the JBoss application server is up and running. What is being used to deliver these web pages: JBoss Web, Tomcat, Apache, or JBoss Application Server itself?

Thanks a lot.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991876#3991876

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991876