[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: WSRP consumer

chris.laprun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 7 13:03:57 EST 2006

"jboss_ms" wrote : I am using jboss portal 2.6.

Note that we don't currently support 2.6. That said...

"jboss_ms" wrote :
  | 1)if I make a portlet as a remotable( portlet.xml) , does it become a WSRP Producer. So does it implement the 4 interfaces and we need not write any code to make it a WSRP producer. I am not able to understand how jboss portal supports WSRP from the documentation provided.

Making a portlet remotable makes it available for remote publishing via Portal's WSRP producer. If your portlet is correctly deployed and made remotable, it should appear in the "self" portlet provider in the admin interface. This means that it is now available to be consumed by remote consumers that connect to Portal's producer. "self" is a WSRP consumer connected to Portal's WSRP producer so you should be able to see your portlet there. If not, there is a problem. Look at the doc for more details. However, it does seem like you might be misunderstanding how WSRP works... I suggest reading the WSRP primer at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/21178/wsrp-primer-1.0.html if you haven't already done so.

"jboss_ms" wrote :
  | 2) Is it only the admin can create an instance and become a WSRP consumer? What is the role of other users with respect to WSRP....

Just like only admins can create and deploy portlets, the same holds true for WSRP portlets. Users can use WSRP portlets just like regular portlets.

Hope this helps.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992022#3992022

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992022