[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - ear file claims no meta-inf in war

pyrokenesis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 8 05:30:23 EST 2006

Hello, new to JBoss but not really a novice with development, but cant seem to get the most basic helloworld jsp page on my JBoss server.

My system setup is a Windows 2003 OS, Apache2 server, bundled with Tomcat. IIS is obviously working as well, but turned off.

I have Tomcat on port 8082 and I have JBoss on port 8084. Apache, Tomcat and IIS all work fine. JBoss seems to be working fine but the book I'm using (Beginning Java EE 5: From Novice to Professional, ISBN: 1590594703) has some simple steps to get a jsp showing on server that I cant implement.

After setup, I create a web-app.war with an index.jsp, but then I try to create the helloworld.ear with the following command:

jar cf helloworld.ear web-app.war META-INF

I get an error saying "META-INF: no such file or directory".

Surely someone knows how dumb I'm being. Any help is appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992210#3992210

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992210