[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam & Maven2

mzeijen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 15 03:03:10 EST 2006

I have seen it and tested it. I find it great that someone else already made something. The problem is that every Maven2, ready to go, solution that I found is incomplete.

The following stuff is missing or anouyes me.

- It misses several dependencies so that you really need to rebuild the POM files before you get, for example,  UnitTesting to work. And they don't solve the dependency problems (thirdparty-all.jar).
- I don't want to be dependent on a non-official, or non-JBoss, repository. What happens if they stop being available in a shot while...
- The archetype generates only a complete project with one war, one jar and one ear file. There aren't any archetypes to create those part separately.
- The archetype is only meant for a JBoss deployment.
- They are already behind, because there aren't any Seam 1.1.0 GA, CR1, CR2 or other releases to be found.

I feel like that there is some 'official' support needed for Maven2.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994139#3994139

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994139