[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Help on EjB 3 Packaging

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 23 18:00:23 EST 2006

Sure, this is a valid setup; shouldn't be any consequences unless you eventually specify that one module depends on another, in which case you'll get errors unless they're deployed together at the same time.

Also, EAR packaging will allow you to change up the classloading configuration, as you may run into issues down the road depending upon how your classes are being shared within your applications:

http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassLoadingConfiguration

But again, packaging is a choice that should be made based on what'll work best for you.  For smaller apps I like to deploy simple JAR (or .ejb3, as you're using) archives.  I like greater control over my enterprise applications at work, and those get thrown into EARs as part of the build.

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3996064#3996064

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3996064