[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Session bean private methods and CMT:

jnorris10 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 12 12:38:26 EDT 2006

It appears that bean methods for the purposes of CMT demarcation must be public (from looking at the pointcuts in ejb3-interceptors-aop.xml (in jboss 4.0.4/EJB3 RC7).

I can't find this information explicitly in the spec.  The spec states that "business methods" must be public.  Am I only able to use CMT on "business methods"?  I often want to have private methods on a session bean that still have transactional semantics (ie: annotate them with @TransactionAttribute(...)).  Can I not do this?  Am I missing something?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957421#3957421

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957421