[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Beginning conversations in @Factory methods

iradix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 12 12:46:18 EDT 2006

Conversations spanning redirects is certainly a good thing in general, but once I've ended a conversation shouldn't it go away?  I'm not entirely certain I understand the conversation lifecycle here.  If I invoke an action method annotated with @End it seems like the current conversation should be destroyed and a new temporary conversation should be started.  That's not what's occuring however so when is the conversation actually destroyed?

Doesn't it seem more intuitive that once I've called a method annotated with @End the next call to a @Begin(join = true) method will begin a new conversation?  Is there no way to end a current conversation and begin an entirely new one in the course of a single request?

I'm not using jPDL pageflows (I need to support back button usage) so does anyone have any other thoughts on how this could be accomplished?  It makes sense to me that a conversation should be started when a @DataModel is accessed so that the corresponding @DataModelSelection matches up to the DataTable presented to the user.  If the conversation didn't begin until a row was selected I'd imagine the postback would start a new conversation, retrieving a new List via the factory method with potentially different results.  Or am I missing something about the conversation lifecycle again?

Thanks for your help.

-Dave

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957423#3957423

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957423