[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam reverse engineering tool

gcowsar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 14 21:49:10 EDT 2006

I'm still at it. I'm still stuck. I don't want to be a pain in the butt, but...

This is one of those situations where I'm learning several things at once and I appreciate that fact. It means I'm too ignorant (not informed/knowledgable) yet to even be able to ask the right questions.

I've learned a lot... I've learned that:

- this is cool stuff and I know its early in development so I'm not expecting too much
- there are several different versions of Eclipse, JBoss, Seam, Hibernate, JFC and that's a complex matrix if this stuff is version sensitive
- there are differences between the Seam samples and the code generated by the SeamReverseEng tool and I have not sorted that out completely
- I have a natural (and very strong) tendency to not want to go backwards, since I'd like to start contributing to these projects
- a lot about how JBoss and Seam are put together in the process, still have a long way to go here, but it is very interesting
- Eclipse and ant are not well integrated -- this is frustrating

Also, various others have had most of the same problems that I have and I've tried to gather that all up and apply it (but it is scattered all over the place) -- so far I'm still failing.

It sure would be nice if somebody had a perscription for getting this to work with the (more or less) latest versions of everything -- even bleeding edge is OK. I did go build 4.0.5CR1 of JBoss so just tell me which versions of the other stuff  I should get/build and I'll go for it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958243#3958243

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958243