[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - sharing data between render() and processAction() method

hubertg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 17 08:42:51 EDT 2006

Hi,

I need to share data between the render() and the processAction() method.

The method of (my) choice (and I think the only? method) is using the PortletSession:

render() :

  | request.getPortletSession("sharedData", value);

processAction();

  | Object data  = request.getPortletSession("sharedData");
  | // do something with data

my question is now:

is there anything problematic about sharing data via the PortletSession?

I could think of problems because of the fact that the processAction and the render request  are seperate http requests. is there the possibilty that a 3rd render request comes between these two?

something like that
REQUEST 1
portletX.processAction()
---------------------------------------<<<< REQUEST 3 ???
---------------------------------------<<<< portletX.render();
REQUEST 2 (because of server redirect)
portletX.render()
portletY.render()
portletZ.render()

I would be very happy if someone could bring some light into this, although i'm not sure, if I made myself clear ...

thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958448#3958448

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958448