[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Strange interpetation of a CSS link inside login page

nvanevski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 20 18:02:51 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I ran into a pretty strange issue with CSS links inside the login page, using FORM authentication method. Take a look at this page header :

  | <head>
  |    <title>Main login page</title>
  |    <link href="css/main.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
  | </head>
  | --- rest of the page ---

This code works fine when the page is shown standalone, and elements are shown according to definitions in the css file. However, once I put this page in <form-login-page>, following things happen :

- Elements lose their properties, like the css is not included at all

- After succesfull login, user is redirected to the css/main.css file, i.e. contents of the css file are shown in the browser (is this some shortcut for redirection to a specific file different from the welcome file?)

If I remove the <link href = ...> tag and put all css styles inside a "style" tag, everything is ok.

However, I'd like to have the styles inside a css (normally) and page should be displayed accordingly. Is this a configuration issue or a bug?

I repeat that if I get the page out of the <form-login-page> tag in web.xml, it is displayed properly, and the user is normally redirected to index.jsp file.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959714#3959714

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959714