[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Common classes deployed in a .jar

adamw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 21 10:14:45 EDT 2006

Hello,
   I have a web application (deployed as a .war) and some common classes, which I would like to deploy separately - as a jar. But this does not work - and I suppose ClassLoaders are an issue, or rather my lack of understanding them. However, it's quite weird.
If I deploy only the .war, then when I try to access some "common" classes I get a ClassNotFoundException.
If I deploy both the .war and the .jar, then I get a NoClassDefFoundError

Why is that? How can I achieve my goal?

Thanks,
Adam

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959901#3959901