[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - ClassCastException when accessing DatabaseMetaData.getTable(

jweaver@xaware.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 24 17:12:50 EDT 2006

On 4.0.3SP1, Oracle 10g database, XA transaction datasource, from a remote client, I get hold of the Datasource from the JNDI lookup (yes, I set the <use-java-context>false</use-java-context>).

After doing a getConnection() on the datasource and a getMetaData() on the connection, I try do use the getTables(...), to get a list of tables and I get a ClassCastException.

Any ideas on what to do to work around this?

I made sure the Oracle10g version of the ojdbc14.jar was in the lib on the server and in the classpath for the client.  I also have jbossall-client.jar in the classpath of the client.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960526#3960526

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960526