[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam 1.1 beta 1

bpatters do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 3 13:18:48 EST 2006

"gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote : Right, the big caveat with this stuff is that the parameter value is evaluated when the form is *submitted*, not when the form is *rendered*. "c" must be a valid context variable available during the form submission.

Thanks, I figured it was probably something like that. I'm not an expert at JSF just yet, so the different between the two isn't obvious to me. So I'm guessing that it essentially means I can't use variable parameters except in certain circumstances.

If I changed it to something like:
<a4j:commandLink action="#{contactManager.deleteContact(c.ID)}"/>

Where ID is a Long and the primary key of the contact would it work
inside a <c:forEarch> ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983054#3983054

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983054