[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - TwoClustersSameNetwork inconsistency

lhoriman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 6 23:46:20 EST 2006

The TwoClustersSameNetwork page is confusing.  I'm trying to set up two environments with the same software - a test environment and a production environment.

I get that there are three factors that affect the cluster:

 * Partition name
 * Multicast address
 * Multicast port

The first paragraph of TwoClustersSameNetwork says that to isolate two clusters, I must change all three things.  Why is this?

The last paragraph of the page says that on JDK1.4 I must change both the address and the port.  This implicitly conflicts with the first paragraph.  I'm on JDK1.5, so can I just set the address?  Do I still need to change the partition name?

I've added some italicized questions to the wiki page to help.

Thanks,
Jeff Schnitzer
Kink.com

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983625#3983625