[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Gotchas (so far)

tony.herstell@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 12 22:56:10 EST 2006

Excellent Framework.. got going very fast!

Issues with SEAM (Or facelets etc.)

1. Having a commented out section in a .xhtml file still gets processed! That  was confusing!

2. Cannot have a javascript nugget to close the window. it just gets ignored.

  | 	<input type="button" value="Logout" onclick="javascript:window.close();alert('hi');"/>

3. Cannot have a "back" or "cancel" button on a screen that has validation as there is no-way that I can find to side-step the validation.

4.Running 1.0.1. on the latest JBoss.. must turn off

  | <property name="myFacesLifecycleBug">false</property>

to remove startup exception

5. No examples on how to use the cool MyFaces widgets like Tree or any of the ADF widgets.

6. When a sesion times out I get a

  | 16:49:56,978 WARN  [Contexts] Could not destroy component: zoneSubscriptionManager
  | javax.ejb.EJBNoSuchObjectException: Could not find Stateful bean: g4c1140-vg3lsk-eugakr48-1-eugb4i5c-d
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb3.cache.simple.SimpleStatefulCache.get(SimpleStatefulCache.java:268)

No idea why, but no side effects (that I can see yet).

Seam looks very promising.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985296#3985296

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985296