[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Gotchas (so far)

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 12 23:36:20 EST 2006

1. I think this is normal in facelets.

2. Why on earth not? I'm sure you are mistaken.

3. Not correct, just put the button outside the <f:form/> element that has the validation. (This is standard JSF, nothing to do with Seam.)

4. Yes, this is normal, and is the default in recent (1.1.0.BETA) releases of Seam. That's why the getting started guide says use JBoss 4.0.4 with Seam 1.0.1.

5. We absolutely do not recommend the use of MyFaces tomahawk stuff with Seam, we have found this stuff to be extremely fragile, buggy and generally low quality. We will have examples of Trinidad as soon as there is an actual Trinidad release available (there is already an example on the Wiki).

6. The problem here is that the default SFSB timeout is longer than the default session timeout in JBoss. Bill promises me he will fix this.

By the way, if you are not going into production in the next month, I strongly recommend 1.1.0.BETA2 over of 1.0.1.GA. A *lot* of good work has been done in the past few months.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985303#3985303

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985303