[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: ICEfaces

TedGoddard do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 21 10:54:38 EST 2006

Because ICEfaces makes use of two servlets, one for the initial page request and another for the Ajax requests, the interaction with Servlet filters is complex. For instance, an extension mapping is meaningless for the Ajax requests.

For this reason, we call the Seam filters directly from ICEfaces (so, to avoid calling them twice in some circumstances, they are commented out in the web.xml).

Eventually, the two ICEfaces servlets will be merged into one entry point and we will look at the interaction with filters more closely; however, we are happy to directly integrate with Seam at this time.  (Two separate classes will remain for what is now two separate servlets, as the functionality of the two is very different; our plan is just to reduce the amount of configuration necessary.)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987590#3987590

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987590