[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: ICEfaces

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 27 21:23:03 EST 2006

"TedGoddard" wrote : So, is it generally a bad idea to return anything but primitive types from EJBs?

No, you shouldn't be limited to primatives.  That would be very ugly.  This can be solved, but it's not simple.

"TedGoddard" wrote :  Is there a simple way to configure the .ear so that the ClassLoaders are common?
In JBoss there is a server-wide setting that will take care of it.  Look in deploy\jbossweb-tomcat55.sar\META-INF\jboss-service.xml

set UseJBossWebLoader=true

Have you considered putting these jars into the root of the .ear and leaving them out of the .war?  You can add these to the classpath in the .ear's manifest.mf file.  That way, the classes are found by the same classloader when they are referred to in both the EJB and the WAR.

Another trick is to refer to these root-level jars inside  tags in the application.xml.  There is some debate over which is the best/most portable way to do it.

I think this is solved in JEE5.  If I'm not mistaken, they add something akin to the WEB-INF/lib directory for .ear files.

Stan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989149#3989149

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989149