[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Using TreeCache as a local cache solution

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 1 10:54:44 EDT 2006

When you say "build" I'm going to assume you mean "run".  If you want to try to build JBC from source without JGroups, well, you're on your own :).

TreeCache imports classes from JGroups, so I don't think you can run it without jgroups.jar on the classpath. (You can try, but I don't think it will work.)  However, if you configure your cache with property "CacheMode" set to LOCAL, JBC will not start a JGroups channel, so JGroups won't actually be used.

To avoid use of aop, just use plain TreeCache rather than PojoCache (formerly known as TreeCacheAop.)  I pretty certain that if you just use TreeCache you didn't even need to have jboss-aop.jar on the classpath.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975337#3975337

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975337