[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Messages Stuck in Queue

guinsu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 4 12:36:06 EDT 2006

Sure, let me try to explain it better.  I'm using JMS as part of an indexing system, so items are processed and put in a queue for indexing.  If an item has never been indexed before the serverID property of the messages is set to null, because I don't care which server it ends up on, just that it goes somewhere.  If an item has been previously indexed but it was updated then the serverID field is set so the correct server will grab the item and update it.   The indexers are set up with a selector to get either items with the id set to their server ID or to null.

When I say "stuck" I mean I go into the web admin for JBoss, go to jboss.messaging.destination, then the queue I am looking at.  MessageCount is a non-zero number when the processing side of the app is idle.  The indexing side is still running and waiting on messageconsumer.receiver(0), however the JMS server never sends any of these messages.  Before, stopping and restarting the indexing app would kick old messages back out, but then once I restarted procoessing side more would get stuck.  Now though the stuck messages aren't coming out, and JBoss gives out of memory errors when it starts up, so it looks like I need to figure out how to totally delete the queue and start over.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3976087#3976087

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3976087