[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: NullpointerException in MyFacesGenericPortlet after Rede

bmhardy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 5 03:01:41 EDT 2006

Thanks for the great post.  We kept getting the null pointer exception and would have to restart the portal for things to work.  Very annoying when working on development.

I took your code and created a new YYYGenericPortlet and then used that in our config file rather than MyFacesGenericPortlet.   The null pointer problem went away, but now we get a message that says:
viewToRender must not be null

We cannot get out of this state unless we once again restart the portal server.

Can you offer any insight.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3976235#3976235