[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Does JndiLoginInitialContextFactory in JBoss 3.2.7 exist?

jan.zitniak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 10 16:24:28 EDT 2006

Hello everybody,

I got task transform the project from JBoss 4.0.4 to JBoss 3.2.7. In source code I'm using something like this:

  | env.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jboss.security.jndi.JndiLoginInitialContextFactory");
  | env.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://localhost:1099/");
  | env.setProperty(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, userName);
  | env.setProperty(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, password);

when I execute the code I got following:

  | javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: org.jboss.security.jndi.JndiLoginInitialContextFactory [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:org.jboss.security.jndi.JndiLoginInitialContextFactory]

I understand that JndiLoginInitialContextFactory doesn't exist but I read on http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JndiLoginInitialContextFactory page that JndiLoginInitialContextFactory is also available for JBoss 3.2.7.

Can you help me how resolve that? Thank you in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977360#3977360

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977360