[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Task Nodes - conditionally create tasks?

cpob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 11 09:08:33 EDT 2006

Olivier_Debels wrote : AFAIK you don't need the link task/tasknode. You can just have a task def tied to the process definition and create task instances in the task node (using event handlers f.e.). You can actually create task instances in any node.

We're already doing this.  We have optional process tasks being created along the flow with various task nodes.  We are creating them, tied to the process, not the task node, and they just need to be completed anytime during the process.

However....

Olivier_Debels wrote : anonymous wrote : but it's important we have the task/tasknode relationship

  | Why?

It is very important that we have some optional node tasks created with a task node relationship, because we want some optional node tasks to block the task node.  If 1 mandatory and 3 optional node task instances are associated with a given node, we want the node to be blocking until all 4 tasks are completed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977523#3977523

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977523