[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: SFSB - NotSerializableException

bsmithjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 13 13:06:47 EDT 2006

I think part of the problem was in how I was using MyFaces.

First, there is the version of MyFaces that's shipped with JBoss' tomcat sar;  in my application, I am using MyFaces 1.1.4 and I believe  that's a higher version than what is supplied with JBoss (4.0.4 EJBRC8 - from JEMs).  I was initially bundling MyFaces 1.1.4 in my .ear file.  This worked fine for several weeks of development on my application.  After I tried the latest nightly build of Seam, and ran into some other issues (which started this thread), I tried to back out my changes and my app/build just went haywire.

At some point in trying to get things working again off Seam 1.0.1 GA, I became suspicious of MyFaces (via exceptions/stack traces) - I tried removing the MyFaces 1.1.4 from my .ear, and instead, installing it in JBoss' tomcat sar.  This made my application 'work' again.

For now, I've learned that it's not clear to me what the 'proper' way is to build an application using the latest MyFaces + Tomahawk + Facelets and deploy in JBoss (er..tomcat).  I would appreciate any pointers on where particular jars should be developing .ear-style apps using these frameworks/components.  Currently, I have Facelets + Tomahawk in my .ear / MyFaces 1.1.4 has been installed in the JBoss-tomcat sar (in jsf-libs).

I am looking forward to trying the nightly build that has your changes addressing the serialization issue as well.  I would prefer to have @RequestParameter inject the array of values instead of verbose FacesContext approach.

Thanks,
Brad

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978229#3978229

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978229