[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Explicit commit on connection failing

weston.price@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 18 00:39:14 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote :
  | Does this mean if I have to do batch commit then I have to grab connection and set its auto commit to false. Do I need to set the connection autocommit back to yes once finished?

No, you will want to take a look at this:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossJCALazyAutoCommit

anonymous wrote :
  | For WebSphere and WebLogic, connection obtained from DataSource seems to have autocommit false. Is there any way to get the same behaviour for JBoss without code changes?

WebSpere and Weblogic, AFAIK, do not have the notion of a NoTx DataSource. Local transactions (ie AutoCommit == false) is on all the time. You can use a LocalTx datasource but you will be required to remove the setAutoCommit(), commit(), rollback() logic from your code as this role would be given over to JBoss.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978956#3978956

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978956