[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: [4.0.3SP1] NPE in BasicQueue.setupMessageAcknowledgement

genman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 24 15:27:01 EDT 2006

For reference, the code that's NPEing is this:

  | 941 protected void setupMessageAcknowledgement(Subscription sub,
  |   MessageReference messageRef) throws JMSException
  | 942 	   {
  | 943 	      SpyMessage message = messageRef.getMessage();
  | 944 	      AcknowledgementRequest ack = new AcknowledgementRequest();
  | 945 	      ack.destination = message.getJMSDestination();

message is null.

>From what I've seen, the only way the message could be null is if it was swapped to the cache store (your database?) and was not found later on.

Unfortunately, I don't see any way you might be able to diagnose this yourself. If you could add more logging to PersistenceManager to see if this is happening, that'd be great.

I think filing a JIRA issue would be good as well.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980506#3980506

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980506