[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - upgrade jboss but not hibernate

arthomas73 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 24 15:24:51 EDT 2006

I am trying to upgrade a jboss application from 3.2.6 to the latest 4.0.4. We are currently using hibernate 2.1. I am trying to keep us on the same version of hibernate to minimize code changes (http://www.hibernate.org/250.html). However I am getting an error when I run my first hibernate lookup:

09:17:41,337 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] null,  message from server: "Unknown column 'insgroups0_.name' in 'order clause'"
09:17:41,339 ERROR [...] could not initialize collection: [net.insurance.common.vo.User.insGroups#25]

This code runs fine in JBoss 3.2.6.  What is the best way to convert the application?
All the information about how to do this appears to be outdated:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossHibernateSwitching
>From the section Switching from Hibernate3 to Hibernate2:
"Simply delete the existing deploy/jboss-hibernate.deployer from your system and drop in the Hibernate2-based jboss-hibernate.deployer."

I have no jboss-hibernate.deployer on my system, and when I dropped the hibernate 2 based deployer it doesn't make any difference.

Currently my ant script deloys the ant jars to the server/all/lib directory (cglib-full-2.0.2.jar, hibernate2.jar, odmg-3.0.jar). Additionaly I replaced the jboss-hibernate.jar with the one from JBoss 3.2.6. I also deleted cglib.jar, and hibernate3.jar from the lib directory.
None of these changes had any effect.

Also here is my jboss-service.xml file that I deploy:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980505#3980505

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980505