[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: CMS errors on Oracle10g

nscendoni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 26 10:36:18 EDT 2006

"nscendoni" wrote : "PeterJ" wrote : This could be related to the problem noted in http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=88506.
  |   |
  |   | There is a JIRA issue, http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBPORTAL-983 scheduled to be fixed in Portal 2.6.
  |

  | I need to fix this problem. Have you got any ideas about it?
  | do you think that the problem is related to JackRabbit or Hibernate?
  | If i write a custom hibernate OracleBlobType can i solve the problem?

I found a workaround using jackrabbit 1.1 and the OraclePersistenceManager boundled with this version instead of the HibernatePersistenceManager in JBoss Portal.
The following steps are required:
1. replace portal-cms.sar/jackrabbit-core-1.0.jar with portal-cms.sar/jackrabbit-core-1.1.jar (from jackrabbit.apache.org)
2. replace in portal/cms/conf/workspaces/default/workspace.xml and in portal-cms.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml any occurence of
<FileSystem class="org.jboss.portal.cms.hibernate.HibernateStore">
  |                   <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="CMSEntry"/>
  |                   <param name="JNDIName" value="java:portal/cms/CMSSessionFactory"/>
  |                </FileSystem>
with
            <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.OracleFileSystem">
  |             <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="jcms_"/>
  |             <param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:oci:@sid"/>
  |             <param name="user" value="username"/>
  |             <param name="password" value="password"/>

and
<PersistenceManager class="org.jboss.portal.cms.hibernate.state.HibernatePersistenceManager">
  |                   <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="WSP"/>
  |                   <param name="JNDIName" value="java:portal/cms/CMSSessionFactory"/>
  |                   <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
  |                </PersistenceManager>
with
<PersistenceManager class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.OraclePersistenceManager">
  |             <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="jcms_"/>
  |             <param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:oci:@sid"/>
  |             <param name="user" value="username"/>
  |             <param name="password" value="password"/>
  |             <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
  |                </PersistenceManager>

Naturally the "right" solutions will be debugging the org.jboss.portal.cms.hibernate.state.HibernatePersistenceManager and the org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.OracleFileSystem classes... good luck!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981036#3981036

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981036