[jboss-user] Classpath not finding properties files via getResourceAsStream in an EJB jar?

Dave Belfer-Shevett dbs at stonekeep.com
Fri Sep 8 13:01:11 EDT 2006

Hi folks, this one is driving me nutso.

I'm using getResourceAsStream to load a properties file in a deployed
EJB.  I've added the properties file into the root of the jar (see
below), and tried to load it.  The root of the jar -should- be right on
the classpath, therefore shoudl be loadable.  Other Java folks have
said this is proper, not sure why JBoss is not doing it.

JBoss 4.0.4-GA...

The class looks like:
	final static String settingsFile = "jena-config.properties";
	public static Properties properties ;
	public static void loadSettings() {
	[...]
		Object o=new Object();
		properties.load(o.getClass().getResourceAsStream(settingsFile));
	[...]

The jar file has:
dbs at yawl:~/workspace/JENA/dist$ jar tvf JENA-ejb.jar
[...]
   248 Fri Sep 08 10:44:22 EDT 2006 com/areteinc/ejb3/XMLFetcher.class
  1433 Fri Sep 08 11:01:18 EDT 2006
com/areteinc/ejb3/XMLFetcherBean.class
    55 Thu Sep 07 12:01:42 EDT 2006 jena-config.properties
[...]

Constantly throws NullPointerException.  No matter how I configure the
settingsFile (preceeding '/', etc).

Help?  What am I missing here?

	-dbs

--