[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: IPC and 2.4GA

thatporguy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 18 08:01:05 EDT 2006

"PeterJ" wrote : I don't think this is necessairly related just to IPC portlets.  I have noticed that when I remove a war file containing my portlets that the portal doesn't automatically clean up references to that portal. And then all kinds of errors and warnings show up.

  | I think that the way to cleanly remove a portlet is:
  |
  | 1) Remove the portlet windows from all pages.
  | 2) Delete the portlet instances (might automatically do step 1, I'll have to try this).
  | 3) Remove the war/sar file.
  |
  | I haven't tried this yet (emphasis on "yet", it is on my list of things to try this weekend).

I have had luck with this, Although it takes a "long" time if you have the IPC portlet (which are actually two portlets) then you have to go though the hassle of removing them from the pages, then removing the instances and THEN removing the war/sar file. I'm not the greatest developer so I'm constantly changing things and this will just add to the overhead.

I wonder what happened, in CR3 the "hot undeploy" worked like a charm and i loved it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972283#3972283

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972283