[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @SelectItems and @SelectItemsSelection annotations?

CptnKirk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 19 11:39:53 EDT 2006

This is the expected behaviour.  The @SelectItems annotation applies a data binder and outjects the wrapped object as a contextual variable (regions).  Direct access to the method selector.getRegions() will return the method's original values.  Useful for calling the method from other components or JSF backing beans.  Getting a List of SelectItems wouldn't be right in that case.

As with most things in Seam bijection happens to and from a Seam context.  Seam adds a variable resolver so that JSF can find things stored in these contexts.  However it doesn't prevent you from calling things via the JSF std way, getting JSF std results/objects back.

If you did want JSF to intercept and apply conversion to #{selector.regions} you might be able to call the data binder directly within your custom converter.  I think the method that does the conversion might be private, but I could change that if you think this code could be reused elsewhere.  Otherwise, just remember that #{regions} gets a contextual variable from a Seam context and #{selector.regions} calls a method on #{selector}

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972639#3972639

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972639