[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - EJB 2.0 - SLSB - Lifecycle/class member/thread safe question

gladiatornado do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 19 11:47:40 EDT 2006

I know that SLSB should not have class member variables.  Can someone verify that the following thinking is correct:

A client obtains an instance of the SLSB.
The client executes a method in the SLSB.
After execution the instance is returned to the pool.

Question:
Can a single instance be obtained by multiple clients at the same time?

We had an RMI factory service which returned a new instance of a class for each user.  This new instance had member variables.  We switched over to SLSBs, but when it was switched over the member variables were not moved into the methods.  There is a call at the begining of every method that initializes these methods.  We are planning on moving all of the class members into the method, but in the short term is it safe to assume that only one instance will be executed per user?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3972642#3972642

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3972642