[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Problem Losing Sessions

risenhoover do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 21 17:15:10 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I have been experiencing a persistent issue with my JBoss cluster losing session state.  I have tried everything I can think of.

My application is set up to place a User object into the session at login time and to retrieve that user object from the session with each request to the server.  If the user object is not in the session, the user is redirected to the login page.

Configuration is three Linux servers, JRocket, JBoss 4.0.4GA.

1.  Session timeout is set for 10 hours.

2.  Clustering is turned on for all the servers, and I have verified that, at a basic level, sessions are being propagated.  I tested this by logging onto the application, confirming that I was being sent to one machine, then killing that machine, and verifying that I was able to continue using the application without logging back in.

3.  I am using Apache 2.2.2 w/ ajp13 load balancing, as described by the following wiki page:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingMod_jk1.2WithJBoss

It appears that even though I have sticky sessions turned on, and even though I have JBoss clustering turned on, several times a day I am logged out of the application due to my user object being lost.

Even if I set up the load balancer to point me to only one machine, the sessions are lost.

Can anybody advise?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973417#3973417

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973417