[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Multiple Persistence Unit

go_rags do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 21 17:15:17 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to access 2 different datasources in my EAR.  We have a MySQL database for all the standard operations, i am now trying to access a few tables from a differnt datasource.

The primary tables are accessed without a persistenceUnit, by using theDefaultDS configured.  (i.e. I did not provide a unitName while creating the EntityManager)

So I added a persistence.xml to the META-INF with the following lines assuming the new entities and bean will use the unit-name provided in the persistence.xml.  I have one entity called T1 and a bean to access it.

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <persistence>
  | 	<persistence-unit name="ragsDemo">
  | 		<provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
  | 		<class>com.rags.test.T1</class>
  | 		<jta-data-source>java:/TestDS</jta-data-source>
  | 		<properties>
  | 			<property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect"/>
  |  			<!--   <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="create-drop"/> -->
  | 			<!-- <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="update"/>  -->
  | 		</properties>
  | 	</persistence-unit>
  | </persistence>

In the bean code i am creating the Entity manager using the following lines

  | 	@PersistenceContext(unitName="ragsDemo")
  | 	EntityManager em;

But when I deploy I am getting the following error :

I am using JBoss 4.0.3 SP1, can somebody tell me where I am going wrong.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973418#3973418

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973418