[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - How To do EAR Packaging

chane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 22 13:08:14 EDT 2006

Is there a how to on the different packaging options for my applications with new latest JBoss AS?  I have looked through the online documenation and a section doesn't jump out at me that I should read.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how to deploy a bunch of shared dependency jars (around 30 - e.g., seam, apach.commons.*, etc) which wheigh in around 10MB.

Right now I am bundling them into the ear or in the contained war.  However, I have three apps that all share the same jar files.  I can put them into the jboss/server/default/lib directory.  I was wondering if there are other options...so that it might be easier to identify/change which jar files are deployed by me instead of included with jboss (which will be fun if I mix my jar files with those in the lib directory).

So I guess:
 - are there other directories I could put jar files into
 - can I create a special ear file that would deploy a bunch of jar files
   that can be used by all applications
 - other thoughts

Sorry for the long message, there is a lot of information out there and I am hoping for a couple of pointers that I can go read and do more research on.

Thanks in advance,
Chris....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973609#3973609

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973609