[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - TcpCacheServer / Transaction propagation

jzmmek2k2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 22 13:23:17 EDT 2006

Dear all,

I am evaluating the JBoss-Cache and it is really impressive.

But I have a question about "TcpCacheServer" and "TransactionManager".

We are planning the following server-structure:

---

2 JBossCache 1.4 instances (standalone, outside of any application-server) with BuddyReplication and one shared storage.
Both instances are running as TcpCacheServer.

---

15 BEA-Weblogic 8.1 having a TcpDelegatingCacheLoader taking part in the Bea-JTA-Transactions.

---

Will the Bea-JTA-Transaction which is only available on the TcpDelegatingCacheLoader-side be propagated in any way to the 2 TcpCacherServer instances or is any further configuration needed ?

I have no TransactionManagerLookup (=> Dummy) configured in the 2 TcpCacheServer instances, because it simply runs outside any application-server.

What problems can arise without having a Transaction on the 2 TcpCacheServer instances ?

Would be great if someone could help me on this currently theoretical questions.

Regards
Jan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973610#3973610

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973610