[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - cascade-delete runs backwards?

Bitman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 23 20:47:22 EDT 2006

Apparantly JBoss deletes the parent object before the children when cascade-delete is specified in ejb-jar.xml.  Is this right?  Is this even logical?  By specifying cascade-delete, I'm telling JBoss that the child object cannot exist without a parent.  And yet, half way through the delete, the children are orphaned, in violation of the schema.

This isn't just philosophical; our app cannot delete the child without fetching reference info from the parent.  If the parent is deleted first, then we cannot clean up the database properly.

How do I get JBoss to cascade-delete in the correct order?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973733#3973733

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973733