[jboss-user] [Remoting] - JBoss Remoting with AJAX?

vivash do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 25 18:55:14 EDT 2006

We have a web client and trying to look for a remoting technology that would provide both asynchronous and callbacks. I've been playing around with JBoss Remoting a little and looks pretty interesting. I don't know if this makes sense, but here are some of the questions,

1) Is there any comparison between JBoss Remoting vs AJAX - performance wise?

2) From what I've read JBoss Remoting already provides asynchronous and callback features, then why would one require AJAX when using remoting?

3) Can AJAX be used in conjunction with JBoss Remoting - how would it help?

4) Is there any good example on how to use JBoss Remoting over http for a web application? I've already successfully tried using Transporter in a stand-alone application - how can I convert that to use it in a web application?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974049#3974049

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3974049