[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Storage of process variables outside jbpm?

the_dude do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 27 09:20:36 EDT 2006

"kukeltje" wrote :
  | Transactions were managed by the appserver. We configured hibernate to use the appserver transactions and used 2 datasources,
  | one for jBPM, one for our own data. They used the same connetionpool so no XA issues arose.

Mhm. What about your HQL statements? I haven't manage to build the solution you describe* (two datasources + appserver transactions)
but create my domain model inside the jbpm schema. In doing so I run into recreating all HQL statements for selecting task instances
by some variable value which could be quite time demanding. How do you handle this?

Something different: I have to use several processdefinitions and wonder how to organize my data. These options come into my mind:
a) Put all, processdefinitions and domain data inside one datasource and write the domain data, depending on the process it is connected to to different tables
b) Do the same as in a) but use one datasource per processdefinition
c) Use two datasources put the jbpm data in one and the domain data in the other datasource
d) Use one datasource for jbpm data and one datasource for domain model for each processdefinition (== 2 datasources per processdefinition)

I tend to give c) a try [if I figure out how ;-)] but don't know about performance or other issues.

What do you think?

* Could you describe it in detail how you've done this or give some links, hints & snippets?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974522#3974522

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3974522