[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - 2 instances/machine; redhat init script

alpheratz-jb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 1 07:13:58 EDT 2007

I have looked at $JBOSS_HOME/bin/jboss_init_redhat.sh.

This seems inadequate if one wants to have 2 JBoss instances/machine...

It can easily be copied/hacked to run $JBOSS_HOME/bin/run.sh -c config for each separate instance.

BUT I can't see how the code for stop/status can relate to WHICH instance to stop/report status on.

Is this a bug/need for enhancement?

Has there anyone out there who has solved this and is willing to contribute their solution?

I have a REALLY BAD/hacky solution (can't post now...code is at work, I'm at home) I use twiddle.sh/probe.sh.

I probably could use something like kill `ps axw | grep config | cut ...` for 'stop' but not for 'status'...

This applies to 4.0.5GA and 4.2...., as far as I can see.

Thoughts/comments/suggestions gratefully accepted.

Cheers,

Alph

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4033516#4033516

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4033516