[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - ServiceBindingManager and 4.2.0CR1

alpheratz-jb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 1 07:22:29 EDT 2007

I tried setting up ServiceBindingManager according to the wiki:
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfiguringMultipleJBossInstancesOnOneMachine

I find that when I start up the FIRST instance, I get an error telling me that port 4446 is already in use.

The wiki says:

anonymous wrote : AS 4.0.2 has a known bug : one of the ports (4446) is not included in the sample-bindings.xml file and therefore will continue to conflict even after selecting an alternate port configuration in your jboss-service.xml. To fix this simply select an alternate port (something other than 4446 that is not being used) in cluster-service.xml configuration (obviously not necessary if you are not using the ALL configuration with clustering support). This bug is being fixed in our next release.

I came across this on a pristine box which had never seen another version of JBoss.

Apologies, don't have the log file with me now (posting from home, not work); have probably already lost the file...

Just thought someone might like to know...

Cheers,

Alphanonymous wrote :

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4033517#4033517

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4033517