[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - First Deploy and Getting an Error

ankiewsky do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 2 12:55:27 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

I have been studing using the Seam Documentation, using seam-gen I generated everything fine. However, when I try to deploy the first application I am getting the following error:

13:36:49,412 ERROR [[/soujavapapers]] Error configuring application listener of class org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
  | java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
  |         at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1358)
  |         at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1204)

I am using the following development enviroment:
- MacOS
- Eclipse 3.1
- JDK 5.0 (MAC)
- JBoss SEAM 1.2.1GA

Trying to fix it:  I can see that the MyFace's jars are not present on WEB-INF/lib, but on build my build.xml generated by seam I can see the code on "WAR TASK":

                <copy todir="${war.dir}/WEB-INF/lib">
  |                         <fileset dir="${lib.dir}">
  |                                 <include name="ajax4jsf*.jar" />
  |                                 <include name="richfaces*.jar" />
  |                                 <include name="oscache*.jar" />
  |                                 <include name="jsf-facelets.jar" />
  |                                 <include name="jboss-seam-*.jar" />
  |                                 <exclude name="jboss-seam-gen.jar" />
  |                         </fileset>
  |                 </copy>
I guess, that is not necessary due to these jars may be found on some other folder into my JBoss running enviroment.

As it is my first trying using JBoss Seam, I am sure can have a logical answer to that problem... Anybody could help me with that?

Regards

Edgar

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4033761#4033761

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4033761