[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: auto tag completion in eclipse?

james.williams@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 10 11:27:30 EDT 2007

For now, using seam-gen with eclipse tooling is a bit clunky, but we showed off nice seam-gen tooling at EclipseCon about 1 month ago. It's currently in development and not available outside SVN. Right now, we are open sourcing the Exadel Professional Developer Suite which includes support for a slew of things outside base Eclipse and Seam like Spring and Struts. Right now, only the richfaces and ajax4jsf stuff has been converted to Open Source. Here's what I recommend:

1. Download Eclipse 3.2.1 from: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.2.1-200609210945/index.php
2. Download Exadel 4.0.4 from: http://www.exadel.com/web/portal/download/esp35.
3. Download the jBPM plugin from: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jboss/jBPM-Designer-3.0.12.zip?download
4. Download the Drools plugin from: http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossrules/downloads/3.0.6/jbossrules-ide-3.0.6-bin.zip
5. Download the Hibernate Tools plugin from: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jboss/HibernateTools-3.2.0.beta8.zip?download
6. Use the TestNG update site to add a nice TestNG plugin: http://testng.org/doc/download.html

Then, use seam-gen via the command line. A seam-gen plugin will likely be available around the JavaOne time frame. With any luck an RHDS(Red Hat Developer Studio) beta will also be publicly available.

Here's what you'll have with this eclipse workbench:
1. JSF/Ajax tooling with Exadel (This is actually quite good)
2. Rules/jBPM tooling with JBoss plugins
3. TestNG tooling
4. Hibernate tooling
5. Server Tooling to start/stop JBossAS, run in debug mode etc...
6. DB Explorer plugin and a bunch of other stuff that's included in Callisto. The Exadel version is more stable than stock Eclipse+Callisto, IMO.

You will not have:
1. A seam-gen plugin (we showed a pre-alpha version at EclipseCon, but it's not available in binary form yet)
2. A stable, consolidated IDE via a single download. RHDS, due out later this year will provide that.

James

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4036031#4036031

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4036031