[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - Re: jbossj2ee-src.zip

dsteffy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 10 15:10:11 EDT 2007

> http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/attach?page=ClusteringDemoUsingDukesBankJ2EE1.4%2Fjbossj2ee-src.zip

That link currently points to a bad version of the jbossj2ee-src.zip file.  It is bad because the examples/bank/jboss-build.xml file refers to sql/insert.sql and sql/listAccount.sql, which do not exist in the zip (nor in the j2ee-1_4-doc-tutorial_7.zip I downloaded from the Sun site this morning).  This causes the db-insert and db-list targets to fail, which trips up users like me following the tutorial's Duke Bank example at http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/getting_started/v4/html/dukesbank.html.

A possibly correct version of jbossj2ee-src.zip can be downloaded at:

http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbossas/docs -> "JBoss AS Getting Started Guide 4.0.4" -> Download.

You'll currently get a startguide40.zip from that link, which contains a different version jbossj2ee-src.zip.  I haven't tried the new zip yet, but it looks promising because a quick look at the examples/bank/jboss-build.xml file seems to be referring to hsql-list.sql and hsql-insert.sql and hsql-create-table.sql, which do exist in the jbossj2ee-src.zip, and the delete.sql that comes with the j2ee-1_4-doc-tutorial_7.zip.

Just posting this here to save time for other folks following the tutorial.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4036092#4036092

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4036092