[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - core:managed-persistence-context question

jbossjbh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 13 15:38:20 EDT 2007

I'm still trying to make sure I understand the relationship if any between the <core:managed-persistence-context /> entry in components.xml and the persistence.xml persistence-unit declaration. Given the follow from components.xml:

(2)<core:managed-persistence-context name="entityManager"                                                     auto-create="true"
  | (1)persistence-unit-jndi-name="java:/seamspaceEnitityManagerFactory" />

and the following from persistence.xml:

<persistence-unit name = "seamspaceDatabase">
  |   <properties>
  |     <property name = "jboss.entity.manager.factory.jndi.name"
  | (1)                   value="java:/seamspaceEntityManagerFactory" />
  |   </properties>
  | </persistence-unit>
(1) What is this doing for me? Where would I use / take advantage of this in my code?
(2) Where and how if anywhere do I use the entityManager specified here.
I've seen the following:
@In EntityManager entityManager
Are these related?

Thanks