[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - many-to-many (dynamically shown) on same JSF page

rhinosystemsinc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 13 20:50:03 EDT 2007

Hello,
Lets say i have a user that has a M-M relationship with preferences.
The preferences should show up as "Checkboxes" or "RadioButtons" on the screen. I create the POJO user class with a Set of preferences annotated with Many-to-Many.  The list of available preferences (from the system) are database driven - So I can't hard code the JSF page with the components and conversely I can't have the backing bean with the data controls there.

Question: if I want one JSF page with User attributes and this list of preferences to show up underneath the user info, and I want to have one SAVE button that will save the entire graph of objects, what is the best way to do this? I know I can create a backing bean (w/ action handler on the save button) and loop through the parameters and setup the preference objects that way, but I was hoping that there is some sort of component or pattern that I can take advantage of in SEAM or JSF.

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037273#4037273

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037273